Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Two Films Chosen!


Two offers came down the pipeline from Jesse Chapman (on an intriguingly nameless entry) and from Joe Dietrich (on his film "The Cycle").

I've also been asked to act as the Store Manager in Jonathan Hamilton's D3. The character, from what I understand, is a just a really fantastically nice guy. I mean, handing out money, reads to the elderly nice.....So that should be a blast.

Casting on Joe's film is currently under way, and I'm going to be heading to our primary location (the entire film nearly takes place in one household) later this week to do some pre-planning. This will give Joe and I a chance to talk about visuals and what kind of film he wants to create. He'll plan out his shot list, and this will be followed by our first production meeting, so everyone can get on the same page.

As for Jesse's film, we never meet directly. His plans for the film are sent via courier pigeon during the night hours to a unknown relay agent, who then telegraphs the transcripts on very small pieces of torn paper which are delivered to me under my door when I'm never home. I think John Heppe may be involved in this circuit of communication but I can't say for sure.

In other news, don't go see "Untraceable". Its worse than rotten. Just to give you an example, in the film Diane Lane works for the FBI CyberCrime Division. Theres a scene where she walks up to her boss, who is the Director of the (dont forget) FBI CyberCrime Division. After she promptly explains how she was able to track down a hacker using a backdoor trojan virus, he responds "Now, Jennifer - I don't understand all that techno Mumbo Jumbo you just said - but ... get that sounds like good work. Now for the rest of you -back to work!"

Awesome.

No comments: